Sunday, September 25, 2016

New Attempts at Getting Organized

My New Journal

Photo: September 25, 2016

I'm always trying new ways of getting organized. While I keep a calendar on my computer synched to my various devices, it is not a place where I want to put all the trivial details from reminders or what to buy at the store to memos to contact various people. For years I carried an extra little notebook where I could jot down things. It included post-its which sometimes moved multiple times as tasks never quite made the priority list.

I heard a programme recently which talked about bullet journals. I investigated and decided to try it out. It is a way of helping to sort out what is important to accomplish and what isn't. I set daily goals and at the end of the day assess if they were done. If not I can reassess if those goals not accomplished were important or can be let go. The journal is in transition as I am figuring out a layout and system that best works for me - there is no "right way" to set it up. Here is a good description. Some people treat their journals almost as works of art. Mine is simple with no decoration. I'm only into my first month of this method and so far I like it. And I think I am getting more done which includes time for leisure activities from setting aside time to read and practise my recorders.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know I love that cover! It would make me smile every time I checked it. I put grocery lists on my phone (I have an app) and reminders on my phone as well as use the calendar on all devices (even sharing important dates with my husband). I'm pretty much paper-free and like it. However, you are still working and have more to remember than I do!

    ReplyDelete