Saturday, September 24, 2016

Concert Season Begins

Concert in a Church

Photos: September 22, 2016

The concert season is starting up and one by Infusion Baroque, a group of young musicians held theirs in St. John's Lutheran Church. Concerts take me to a variety of churches in all parts of the city. I think I have attended them in about 25 different churches; this was one I had not been in before. It is always interesting to see the interiors, some heavily ornate, others quite sparse and everything in between. And, of course, it is always wonderful to hear the music. I have known one of the members of this group since she was a young teenager; it is wonderful to see how she has developed as a musician. In fact, Alexa Raine-Wright, recently won the grand prize at the Indianapolis Baroque competition.

Organ in St. John Lutheran Church

In most churches there is an organ. This one was made by Helmuth Wolff. The church works with the music department at McGill. You can find out more here.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you'll be doing in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete