Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Vegetables from the Market

Washed Vegetables

Photo: August 24, 2016

This time of year it is easy to buy too much at the market. Everything is so tempting. Today's dinner included yellow and green zucchini, red pepper and broccoli with pasta and pesto and some scallops thrown in to add some protein. These eggplant will be grilled along with more zucchini. Everything is doubly good after Newfoundland, where the vegetables featured at meals are boiled carrots, frozen peas and turnips. Grocery stores, especially in the small towns have little in the way of fresh vegetables other than cabbage or turnips. I'm enjoying all the fresh produce available here.

1 comment:

  1. I usually read your blog through Feedly, which is great, except that there's not a super easy way to comment. So I find myself conversing out loud back with your posts. Today, I'm going to the browser to post a few actual comments. :)

    I too love this time of year with so much produce. With the great abundance, I do a lot of canning, freezing, and drying for good food all year round. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete