Monday, February 29, 2016

Orchids Again

Pink Orchid

I have featured my orchids before. I love to be surrounded by flowers. And orchids keep giving and giving. I don't do anything special for them. I guess I am just lucky

Pale Orchid

I get lost in their intricacy, admiring each detail of their makeup.

White Orchid

I know you can buy orchids so much less expensively now, but I like to tuck the ones that are not flowering away near light and wait for them to surprise me.

Orchid 1

This one has been flowering for many months. Each time I think the flowers are the last on the stalk it has sent out new buds. Some are almost ready to open. Four orchids flowering and a fifth has produced a stalk. I'm never quite sure which colour the flowers will be until they open and then it will like another gift.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your green thumb with orchids. I treat mine like royalty, and they don't bloom at all after the first time. I only have one left, and I don't have much hope for it.

    ReplyDelete