Saturday, February 27, 2016

In the Late Afternoon

Long Shadows on a Sunny Afternoon

Walking on a winter afternoon. The late afternoon sun casts long shadows. I can barely feel its warmth as a cold, damp wind bites at my fingers as I take this photograph.

Walk in the Winter

Our yo-yo winter weather has sent snow, freezing rain and rain followed by a quick drop in temperature. Yesterday's pooled water is now a series of mini skating rinks. I have to stop to look up. Walking, eyes down to watch for icy patches, I half walk, half shuffle, knees bent a little - the winter walk. I cut short my trajectory - it is just too slippery to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you - when it's icy, I am definitely a shuffler, though I don't like the old lady shuffle at other times! You need Yaktrax, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Looks like it would be a good place to walk even it is slippy.
    I did not have any snow and spring is almost here.

    ReplyDelete