Tuesday, February 16, 2016

After Oiling

Freshly Oiled Recorders

These are just some of my instruments. They have to be oiled a couple of times a year. It keeps them playing better. I'll be oiling others tomorrow after these have been allowed to absorb the oil. First I will swab these out, removing any excess oil and pack them away unless they will be played.

After Oiling

I have two large recorders: a bass in F and a contrabass in C. One is pictured here. The bigger one is on tomorrow's roster. Regular maintenance keeps them playing well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Susan,
    I see,your instruments are very well maintained. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your collection - polished and ready to play. I didn't know you had so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how so wonderful these wooden recorders! I mean in colors and textures, and guess the sound, too. They surely will play lovely with your loving maintenance. I remember using a plastic recorder at elementary school.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete