Saturday, August 1, 2015

Summer Moments

Looking in the Water

Time seems to have slipped through my fingers this summer. Life is like that sometimes. Time sometimes speeds along and then it seems to fall into a morass. It takes me time to adjust to the lack of schedule of summer... no concerts, no work, no courses, just endless time to fill up. Sometimes I fill it well (I've been working my way through a music theory text) and other times hours pass with not much accomplished. Some weeks I walk a lot - my fitbit registers my many steps. Then the heat of summer settles in and I cocoon in my air conditioned home.

Public Piano

My walks take me all over the city. Here I passed people enjoying a cooler summer day, lingering and enjoying the outdoor space. An impromptu performance on a public piano - summer moments.

pig

You never know who (or what) you will meet - opportunities for conversation starters! This fellow drew a crowd.

Lily

Or just times for inner dialogue.


Summer Theatre

Time for summer theatre - life moves outdoors at a leisurely pace in the summer. Even a few raindrops don't deter the majority of the audience.

August has crept up and I feel the pressure of filling up these next weeks productively... books to read before the autumn schedule imposes constraints, people to see, music to play... And get my camera out more to observe and stop and enjoy these summer moments.



2 comments:

  1. Here you are - I thought you'd taken a long trip! I cannot believe we're in August. Some of our CO schools begin mid-month. I have been spending as much time as possible outdoors. Wildflowers are blooming as is my garden. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you have been well. As Barb says, I too thought you were taking a long trip. Here in Japan, it has been humid. These days, I am making new summer loose dresses. At least they make me feel comfortable to survive this weather like sauna. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer time!

    ReplyDelete