Friday, August 7, 2015

A Day in Val David

Teapots

I love pottery, so a visit to 1001 Pots is always a treat. I managed to resist most of the creations, though I did leave with one new mug.

Then off for a walk. There is a long park  (le parc linĂ©aire: le petit train du nord)- it was once a railway line, connecting the villages of the Laurentians. Now walkers and cyclists use it in the mild months. In the winter is is used by cross-country skiers. I was finally out with my DSLR camera and stopped frequently to admire the flora.


Raspberries

Raspberries hung from the low bushes. I left them for someone else to pick. I have been enjoying my fill from the market. Such a great time of year for local produce!


_DSC6988

I'm not sure what kind of flower this is, but it grew in abundance. Nearby were many milkweed - good to know the monarchs will have places to lay their eggs.

White Flower

Another unidentified flower grew low to the ground near the edge of the gravel road. Its delicacy spoke to me.

By the Water

I changed my gaze from looking close to looking wide. We have had enough rain this summer to keep everything lush and green.

Green on Green

Green on green. The sunlight danced on the leaves, calling attention to the beauty around me.

2 comments:

  1. Such an abundance of blooms I love pottery, too. I assume you're now back at work. My Grands are all back to school. Here in the mts it's getting chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pottery, too. The walk must have relaxed you with such lovely flowers and glinting greens.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete