Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Spring at Parc-des-Rapides

Start of the Rapids

Photos: May 2, 2015

I'm not sure what it is about the rapids, but I love to watch the water. The constant change of the movement mesmerizes me. I watch it swirl and stare where the smooth surface suddenly turns into a choppy, seething rush over the hidden rocks.

Showing Their Colours

All around in the park, a spit of land reaching into the river, spring's arrivals are busy. Bird songs accompany the powerful sound of the rapids. 

On the Water

Some are here to stay for the summer. Others stop by on their way farther up north.

Heron

This heron has found his fishing spot. The water is low this year. We need some rain to fill up the rivers and streams and to dampen the forest floor to lower the risk of fires. Spring is here. A good rain will help things grow.


1 comment:

  1. Raining here, Susan - but not snowing today! I was just watching the rapids, too, in the CO River, and I was mesmerized by the movement, sound, and force. I'll send you some moisture - I think our forests are feeling nice and wet right now!

    ReplyDelete