Monday, July 21, 2014

A Summer Walk

Lily

I love to go to Parc-des-Rapides. There is something about the rush of the water, the many birds and flowers and the feeling that you are away from the city, even though you are not that always brings a sense of peace. And the breeze off the water takes away some of the summer heat.

Heron 2

I've been testing out my new 55-300 mm zoom lens along with my monopod. It's a little heavier to carry, but I like having that extra distance.

Heron 3

This heron co-operated giving me lots of time to shoot as it slowly meandered across the pond.

Lily

It felt odd shooting flowers with the large lens, but I couldn't resist the light.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite a zoom! I actually put my 15-70 back on the camera just because I can't stand the extra weight (though I love the ability to zoom). Today the moose cane through the yard and my shorter lens couldn't capture it. Love the color of that daylily.

    ReplyDelete