Sunday, May 25, 2014

Glorious May

Profusion of Blossoms

I think May is the most glorious time of the year. The blossoms blow me away with their beauty. In every shade of pink these trees bring joy around the city.

Pinks

Walks are not quite as cardio-effective as I stop to admire each tree.

Gone to Seed

Even the dandelions bring beauty. Time to accept them as flowers and not as weeds. I love to see their sunny faces.

Reflections in the Lagoon

Finally the pond in the park near me is filled with water. Last year it was plagued with leaking and could not hold the water. The quiet reflections add to the peacefulness of the day. Each day new flowers grow, the trees grow their blooms then drop their petals. The magnolias are now just trees with leaves. These fruit trees are taking their time in the spotlight. Lilacs are sharing their heady scent. The scene keeps changing - the merry month of May.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. there are so much happiness and beauties in your time. Let's enjoy this time of the year.Yes,glorious time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be no fitting word to May except “glorious”, seen from your photos. I remember My 3-year-old granddaughter and I had fun blowing dandelion seeds a month ago.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete