Monday, December 2, 2013

Quiet Dining

Quiet Dining by susanvg
Quiet Dining, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Photo: November 23, 2013

Time to sit quietly, decompress and enjoy good food.

November has often been a difficult month for me. In my teens, one year after another, both my parents faced serious illnesses. Fortunately both went on to live long lives. Later my husband died in November. And others, too, have passed away in November. The calendar is filled with "land mines" - dates that trigger sad emotions. Two days after this picture was taken, I lost my very dear cousin. She was a wonderful woman - giving and loving and so positive about life. My son said, "her default was to give". And anyone who met her fell under her spell. She loved to listen to others, to ask questions and made everyone feel special. And she shared the stories from her past so we all got to know her and our families better. While her loss has left a huge hole in my heart, I know too, that is only so because our relationship was so special. November is always a time of remembrance and over time I will remember the joys of the times we spent together.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry, Susan. A difficult loss for you and your family. I've been thinking about you. I hope December brings you many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very sad to lose someone so close. I imagine how wonderful your cousin was. You and your cousin are always together, Susan.
    When I remember my friend I feel that we are together. She also knocks my heart to talk with me.
    I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Susan
    Have a very Merry Christmas, and I wish you all the best in the New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete