Monday, August 5, 2013

View from Mount Royal I

View from Mount Royal I by susanvg
View from Mount Royal I, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I love to walk on Mont-Royal. Each section has different charms. No matter how often I go, I am drawn to the belvedere to see the view of the city and beyond. The air was clear and everything had a fresh-washed look.



Beaver Lake - Lac aux Castors


An artificial pond, Beaver Lake, is another icon of the park. Last summer it was completely dug up. The water had become choked with weeds. We stopped to admire the newly created "lake". The pristine water sparkled in the sunlight. I think one of the things I love about the park is that there is something for everyone. We walked through the woods feeling as if we were in the country, while in the middle of our city. Other people enjoyed sitting in the sun on the hillside, picnicking at one of many available picnic tables. Children played on the park equipment. Walking you here many languages spoken as all take advantage of this Montreal treasure.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sky in both shots. Looks like a perfect day for walking.

    ReplyDelete