Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ruffled Daffodils

Ruffled Daffodils by susanvg
Ruffled Daffodils, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
While the snow is receding, it leaves the accumulated winter dirt, mud and brown grass behind. Outdoors the shoots are just starting to poke out of the ground. I stopped in at the Westmount Conservatory where there was a show of spring blooms. What a delightful place with people enjoying the colours as they sat on benches or strolled around. We are colour-starved this time of year.

Tulip

Young and old delighted in the abundance of colour. And what a peaceful atmosphere! I must take a book there some day and just sit and enjoy.

Peer Inside

I'm told they change the exhibit four times a year. For now, it was delightful to get an advance peek at spring possibilities. It will be a while before I see these growing outdoors!


Patterns

2 comments:

  1. What colorful beauty! Hope you have a good weekend (with no snow).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful! I especially like the second shot...would put that on my wall! :)

    ReplyDelete