Sunday, February 3, 2013

Into the Brick Oven

Into the Brick Oven by susanvg
Into the Brick Oven, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
St. Viateur Bagel Bakery is a Montreal landmark. Open 24 hours a day, people often line up to purchase bagels fresh out of the brick ovens. It is very difficult to come home with the full bag as the aroma of hot bagels is hard to resist.

Flour

When you enter the store, you pass stacks of bags of flour. I can't imagine how many they must go through each week! Breakfast of bagels, cream cheese, smoked salmon - life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the yeasty smell of baking bread. I wish I could just smell it and not be tempted to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bagel shop. We haven't been for quite some time. I can almost smell and taste those delicious bagels. May have to stop there next time we're in town.

    ReplyDelete