Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Birthday Celebration

Duck by susanvg
Duck, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Photos do not do justice to the meal we ate at Tuck Shop to celebrate (only a bit belatedly) my son's birthday. Each dish was beautiful and delicious. The duck, seen above, served with a pomegranate sauce with a variety of vegetables, a variety of textures and the sensuous burst of flavour as a pomegranate seed exploded in one's mouth - was one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

Salad

This salad, which included beets and goat cheese was one of the starters.

Smoked Salmon Croquettes

My spouse and I shared a portion of smoked salmon croquettes - a melt in your mouth experience. Years ago I tried making the Dutch equivalent (bitterballen). One attempt was enough!


Lobster and Pasta

I had a taste of this dish of lobster, chanterelles, pasta and other goodies. Another mouth-watering masterpiece. This was truly Foodie Heaven.

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dinner! My mouth is watering. Each dish looks so delicious in your photo with your explanation and looks moreish though I know I'd be totally full when I eat the whole course. Belated happy birthday to your son.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds delicious! Think I need a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each and every dish looks absolutely wonderful! Glad you celebrated with a few good calories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh - glad it's soon dinnertime here! My son's favorite dish is duck - and I love beets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. My mouth is watering too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! Belated happy birthday to your son.
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete