Sunday, November 18, 2012

Autumn Walk

Leafy Carpet

I have been somewhat absent from this blog for a few weeks - busy with boxes as I have moved. This was a big step, leaving my home and going into a condo. It's a beautiful place (I'll post pictures of the view, soon), but it has been a lot of work with packing and unpacking. And so many decisions!

It was good to finally find some time to walk and enjoy a beautiful autumn day. The air was crisp and refreshing, the kind of weather that gives you energy. I walked at Summit Park. I love the sound our footsteps make as they crunch on the dry leaves.

Frosty Leaf

It was interesting to see the different micro-climates. On the north side of the hill there was frost and frozen puddles - a foot in winter to come. While on the south side there was no hint of colder weather.

I find there is such beauty in the decay of autumn. The frost just added decoration.

Frosty Leaf

Tranquility in nature - it was much easier to get back to unpacking after this walk.


Frosty Leaf

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging, Susan. I like autumn walk, too, feeling cool and crisp air, hopefully under the blue sky. You captured the beauty in the decay of autumn so nice. There’s something lonely yet beautiful about the fallen leaves gradually muted in colors and crumbled. Hope you can feel more rested after unpacking.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frosty leaves! It must have been lovely to get out and breathe in the fresh air. It's amazing, isn't it, how just a few minutes outside can rejuvenate us. Continue to enjoy, and I hope you have quick access to nature from your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful compositions - I especially liked the first one with the sun flare! :)

    Glad you are getting settled in - moves are not usually fun at the time, but signify a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your frozen leaves! Great shots all of them!

    ReplyDelete