Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Negative Space

Negative Space

Last Friday I had dinner (before a concert) at a restaurant. I rarely order dessert but I craved a little something and ordered a biscotti to go with my coffee. It came like this.

Funny how negative (space that is) can turn positive - a smile at the presentation. I guess we always have to try to turn negatives into positives - and frequently there is a positive aspect even in the most horribly negative things. For example, I know that some negatives in my life have prompted personal growth. I'm not suggesting that the negative was a good thing - just that it precipitated positive change.

As I wrote yesterday - the negative of the decay of autumn leads to new growth in the spring. Funny how a sprinkle of chocolate can lead to these musings.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo and the musing! :) The white space also leaves little to the imagination - wonder what that structure means in the positive/negative thought!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, how creative! I try to be aware of negative space. Often, it adds so much to the total composition.

    ReplyDelete