Sunday, August 5, 2012

Is it Art

Is it Art by susanvg
Is it Art, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
This installation is in place for the summer as part of the museums outdoor sculpture exhibit. As a result the street is closed to traffic. Is it art? What makes something art? I can't say it does anything for me. What about you?


Sculpture Garden

This piece can be found further up the street. I like its form and the spaces. I find it whimsical, playful... We appreciate art with our emotions, our eyes and our experiences.

2 comments:

  1. I also like the sculpture and not too sure about the 'street closure art', but I do appreciate the museum's openness to displaying it in the name of art. There's plenty of other 'art' that is beyond my own definition, but isn't that part of what makes it art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess one person's art might be another's eyesore!

    ReplyDelete