Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hyacinth

Hyacinth by susanvg
Hyacinth, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
A few more days of unseasonal weather and spring is bursting forth. What will these flowers do when more typical weather returns? Nightime temperatures below freezing are forecast. I can change my attire, but these beautys will have to shiver through the night.


Scylla

For now, I'll focus on the colours popping out, watching as straw turns to green and the dusty gardens send out promises. My garden still has only shoots, but these scylla are blanketing a neighbour's flower bed.


Yellow Crocuses

Yellow has always felt like a happy colour to me. Its warmth sings of spring. The birds provide a chorus of joyful melodies. The world around me is waking up.

3 comments:

  1. Hope they can withstand a bit of cold - I love your spring colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see all these colors everywhere! Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sky-blue flowers and yellow ones as well. Soft yellow brings warmth and vivid yellow brings cheerfulness and optimism.

    ReplyDelete