Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bald Eagle Squeaking

Bald Eagle Squeaking by susanvg
Bald Eagle Squeaking, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I was astonished to hear what a small voice this eagle has. Nearby, the golden eagle sang its raucous song which could be heard through much of the zoo. This eagle squawked back in high-pitched notes.

  Golden Eagle

There are a number of raptors at the zoo. 
Barred Owl

This barred owl sat quietly on its perch. A nocturnal bird, it may wait until evening to become more vocal.


Red Tailed Hawk

This red-tailed hawk obligingly turned its back to us to let us admire its rusty tail feathers. I had to keep reminding myself that these birds could not survive in the wild. I hate to see birds caged.


Almost Full

When I got home the moon was rising -almost full. 

Mammal pictures to come...

4 comments:

  1. Your bird photos are great, Susan. That hawk was being coy. I tried photographing the moon last night with limited success. My camera just wouldn't cooperate. It kept zooming in and out, trying to find focus. Did you use a tripod? I dislike using mine, but for a night shot, I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun captures - those eagles would have been fun to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bird pictures and the moon shot is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your bird photos.
    Wooow! the moon is truly round and floating!!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete