Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Internet - the pot of gold

The Internet - the pot of gold by susanvg
The Internet - the pot of gold, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
On sunny days the sun hits the bevel on a mirror on the wall and splits into a rainbow of colour. It fell across my computer and I thought about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Not so many years ago we simply didn't have access to the information, the virtual relationships, the virtual conferences, the many ways of connecting and learning. My computer really leads to the pot of gold.

The Global Education Conference is taking place this week. I managed to participate in a few sessions. It is amazing what I can access from my home at no cost - a pot of golden ideas, and gems to ponder and share.

3 comments:

  1. Love the connection to the Global Education Conference - I'll be watching more in the archive in coming weeks, but prefer the live sessions! Great composition, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS amazing, isn't it? When I was still writing children's stories and textbooks, I had to requisition books from all over the state through my public library. Now, information is just a click away - so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still marvel at what we can access and what we can learn. We are able to go on such wonderful side trips too as we often stray from our original purpose. And to think of the connections we are now able to make - our life is the better for it! I really treasure the many friends - especially the wonderful Canadian friends. I really like your posts so much - thanks for helping with my learning!

    ReplyDelete