Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Cactus in November

Christmas Cactus in November by susanvg
Christmas Cactus in November, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I'm cultivating my indoor garden as the dark of November closes in. No more orchids flowering (I had to dispose of a few due to aphids), my Christmas cactuses decided to flower. I need flowers.

They nourish my soul as I revel in their quirky shapes and bright colours. I particularly love it when plants re-flower. It's like winning an award for keeping them. But each year I get seduced by yet another flowering plant. Not a big price to pay to chase away the November blues. Who knows which one it will be this year...

4 comments:

  1. A popular selection these days! They are pretty and delightfully seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Christmas cactuses too. They are now flowering in our room. They are pretty.
    Tomoko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to have flowers in November, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a cactus this color, too, plus peach, pink and white. When they all bloom at once, I feel as though I'm at a flower show.

    ReplyDelete