Tuesday, July 12, 2011

To Market, To Market

Fresh Berries by susanvg
Fresh Berries, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Nothing like a summer trip to the market with fresh produce enticing one to buy. Berries beckon. Tomatoes, in a variety of hues and sizes, seduce with their field ripened aromas.

Soft Cheeses

A visit to the cheese shop brings more temptations with cheeses from around the world. My spouse is a particular fan of goat cheese and the choices are many from hard cheddars to soft, unctuous varieties.

Yellow!

The flower stalls are still standing - full of big potted flowers - interesting varieties. They sit soaking in the summer rays, much happier in the heat than I am!

Demands Admiration

4 comments:

  1. Susan, the weather in your area looks milder than ours. I feel quite spent even to a nearby market. High humidity and heat saps my energy.

    I like camembert and aged gouda with a glass of beer and mozzarella on the toast.

    Stay cool and happy days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely visual market walk for my virtual participation! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mountain market is open on Fridays and your post encourages me to attend. What scrumptious colors (and tempting foods).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed this virtual walk with you! Reminds me to go and have a look at our market square. This is the best time of the year for local produce over here, too.

    ReplyDelete