Monday, July 18, 2011

Burgher of Calais

Burgher of Calais by susanvg
Burgher of Calais, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I walked past the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts this morning. This sculpture, one of the Burghers of Calais by Rodin has been standing in front of the museum for a number of years. Odd that I should see it today as last night I saw the film, Midnight in Paris. I enjoyed the film, but I particularly enjoyed revisiting Paris - and the Rodin Museum garden. I have been there twice, each time revelling in the powerful work of Rodin.

I remember reading a historical novel about him: Naked Came I by David Weiss. It still sits on my bookshelf. Maybe it is time for a re-read.

2 comments:

  1. You really captured the details in this sculpture. All the lines throughout the photograph are so interesting. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering now if I've ever seen Midnight in Paris.

    ReplyDelete