Sunday, November 21, 2010

Over the Top


Over the Top, originally uploaded by susanvg.
As I was walking today, I came upon this house. I have seen many houses decorated (too soon, I think) for Christmas, but this one is really over the top. This photo doesn't give the full effect. Some of these giant inflatable decorations are hidden by the ones in front. I am providing some other views so you can see just how excessive these are.
More over the top         Where is the house?
It becomes a case of "you can't see the trees for the forest" It's just one big jumble of stuff. Oh - just give me a few tasteful lights that chase the darkness away instead of all these commercially made apparitions!

6 comments:

  1. Totally OTT. We don't go in for a lot of that sort of carry on here thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree wholeheartedly - it is difficult to imagine the attraction...but I guess 'each to their own'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in total agreement, too. In the old neighborhood where we used to live, we had a similar decorator. I'll have to try to get by there and share the view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I'm afraid that would drive me crazy. What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother always said if I can't day something good, I shouldn't comment at all. So...NO COMMENT! I AM smiling, though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, just a little over the top. I can't imagine the electricity they're wasting to run those giants, not to mention the noise they make. Festive is good but...

    ReplyDelete