Friday, November 26, 2010

Cold Day Warm Soup


Cold Day Warm Soup, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Slippery sidewalks make for treacherous walking. So today I stayed home and cooked and caught up on paperwork - but the food was more photogenic than the stacks of paper I sorted through.

The house smells wonderful with cooking smells wafting up the stairs to my office. When I was small, my mother sometimes served me soup with a whole chicken leg in the bowl "chicken in the pot", but since this photo, I have stripped the meat from the bones. I love to have soups- freshly made or defrosted from the freezer. They make a wholesome meal and warm you up on cold winter days.

Paperwork, on the other hand, doesn't quite have that same warming effect. As soon as I sort through one stack, the postman brings more to the house. There is a never-ending supply. Sometimes I feel like I am a processing plant taking mail in, sorting it for various recipients in this house, then dealing with my own, with envelopes in recycling and the important pieces on the continuously growing piles. At least I made a good dent today.

5 comments:

  1. and to make that dent in the paperwork a good and hearty soup! Soup and a good crusty bread with butter - my kind of comfort.

    I can smell the goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely get a letter ever these days apart from bills!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like homemade soup. It looks yummy and just what a cold and slippery day calls for.
    Good luck with the rest of your paper work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, for a piping hot bowl of your chicken soup as I watch the snow fly here in Breckenrdge!

    ReplyDelete