Friday, November 5, 2010

Birds and Berries


Birds and Berries, originally uploaded by susanvg.
The small crab apples cling to the tree. The leaves have fallen. On a rainy day the birds swoop down to feast on the fruit. This is a great source of food through the winter. Sometimes some of the fruit lasts until spring at which point it has started to ferment. I can remember in my childhood, seeing birds flying erratically after they had feasted on some. I don't think there was permanent damage - it was amusing to see these drunken fowl.

3 comments:

  1. A great image, Susan - rather sinister in silhouette. Drunken birds? I saw may berries here in Denver yesterday - the birds are feasting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice silhouette picture. They look like they're having a great time. I wonder if they had a designated flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic silhouette! Well done! Genesis pointed me to another silhouette of birds the other day but alas I was not quick enough - they flew away as I approached!

    ReplyDelete