Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pond - Parc des Rapides


Pond - Parc des Rapides, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Experimenting with my camera was frustrating but a learning experience. I think we need to put ourselves in the position of "newbie" from time to time to experience the frustrations, the walls (most of which we create ourselves) and the joy of progress, however small. So on my continuing journey as lifelong learner, I've thrown myself into this morass - a murky pond where I need to stop and reflect on my learning, confront the wildlife (apertures, shutter speeds, lenses...) and enjoy the scenery along the way.

4 comments:

  1. I can so identify with this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experiment, experiment, experiment. Before long you'll understand the symbiotic relationships between each of the settings. Good luck with your DSLR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dreamy shot, Susan. We all need to keep learning - that's what gives life its joy and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya Susan. I like the calmness and reflection in the water. It looks like a great place to calmly reflect and learn.

    ReplyDelete