Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 7/10: Hockey Fever


May 7/10: Hockey Fever, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Montreal is a hockey city and though our fans are ardent, I think many are delightfully surprised at how well the "Habs" are doing in the playoffs. I was near the Bell Centre where there are large statues of some of our best known players of the past. This is Guy Lafleur's foot!

The series with the Penguins is now down to a best of 3. The man who has really made the difference for the Canadiens has been Halak. His steady nerves and fast reflexes have kept many a shot from entering the net. So tonight many Montrealers will be glued to the televisions, at homes and in bars throughout the city. Can the team get to the next level? Go Habs Go!!!

5 comments:

  1. The perspective on your photo is wonderful, Susan! I can just imagine you hunched down there on the street beside the statue! Good Luck to your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great angle. I agree with Barb, wonderful perspective! Go Habs Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great capture - it really catches your eye. Thanks for the interesting information about it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! I feel like I need to out of the way because that slap shot is coming right at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shot - at first I thought it was a live player!
    Icehockey is the number one sport in Finland. Many of our best players end up as professionals in Canada or the States. I think some of them have played in Montreal, too.

    ReplyDelete