Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5/10: Walking by the River


May 5/10: Walking by the River, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Montreal is on an island, but it is sometimes easy to forget that. As I go through daily life I only catch glimpses of the river as I drive. Today I walked by the river in René Lévesque Park in Lachine. There are many sculptures in the park from these odd legs (there are 5 of them) to a whimsical picnic and many others. This sculpture, Site/Interlude is by David Moore. Situated beside the river they demand a stop to not only look at them, but to sit for awhile and admire the river.

6 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if the shape is the same but the sculptures differ because of the stones used. Looks like a lovely place to linger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic. I love the sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unusual! Great color in this pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sculptures are very interesting and different!
    ...Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rock art work is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing... you made me feel like I'm there. The composition is very well done!

    ReplyDelete