Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 29/10: Flower


May 29/10: Flower, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I never seem to get tired of photographing flowers. Their infinite variety, incredible colours and details keep me captivated. This little blossom finally got planted. I hauled water and did get half my flowers into permanent positions. The others are waiting patiently but they do get watered regularly.


Tuberous Begonia
Fortunately most of my garden is full of perennials so I just have to fill in some of the holes. We expect rain on Tuesday. It will take a lot to really soak the garden. While it is delightful to have sunny days, we are experiencing low water conditions with forest fires in the northern part of the province and thirsty flowers here.

1 comment:

  1. These saturated colors are wonderful! I'm glad to see that you did get the rain you hoped for! We are dry here in Breckenridge, too. Fire is always a danger. We still have snowmelt, but it has been windy.

    ReplyDelete