Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 26/10: Bowl


May 26/10: Bowl, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I love pottery and each time I go into my favourite pottery store to buy a gift for someone, inevitably I buy something to add to my collection. This bowl reminds me of one of my cats. He is not the cleverest soul, but he knows what he wants and is determined to get it.

I keep the cats out of certain rooms because of people who have allergies. We attempt to keep sleeping spaces cat free. Basil waits for the moment a door is open and he barrels through. We have tried barriers so we can sometimes leave the doors open (such as on unbearably hot days when the air-conditioning in the hall does not reach the bedroom with the door shut). He reconnoiters the situation and then charges through, toppling whatever was used to create a gate. Then he is plucked out of the room and unceremoniously dumped back into the hall. Then his efforts begin anew. And I attempt to devise new methods to foil him!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm not so sure he isn't so clever. He's definitely determined and mischievous. I love the bowl and I can see why it reminds you of your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats do patiently wait their chance! I love your beautiful piece of pottery. My son-in-law has a kiln and I have helped him a little, once even cut stars and moons out of clay candle chimneys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I know I commented on this post but wonder if it didn't go through? At any rate, I am here to defend Basil who is obviously quite brilliant at devising his own agenda and upsetting all your proposed barricades. Also, I really like the kitty bowl.

    ReplyDelete