Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feb 27/10: Horizon


Feb 27/10: Horizon, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I need to escape to the country every so often, to give my vision a longer horizon. Daily walks down city streets give a narrower view on life. The cleaner air, the slower pace and the quiet all help still the mind and help me focus on the essentials.

I sometimes wonder if people who live in the country manage to clutter their minds the way I do with shopping lists, phone calls to make, work issues, to-do lists. Or do they take the moments to stop and listen to the quiet and just be still? We have to learn to live the moments, to be in the moments. I try to take these lessons home from the country.

1 comment:

  1. Some people are skilled at finding quiet within themselves even among outward hustle. I find it wearing on my reserves of calm if I can't be alone in Nature - even in urban areas. I need the natural world to feel truly refreshed.

    ReplyDelete