Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 183: Washington


Day 183: Washington, originally uploaded by susanvg.

365/2 = 182.5 - half way today was half way through the year. Time to take a bird's eye view of this project. The photograph was taken as we left Washington, left NECC to head back home.

I started this project to challenge myself - could I stick with taking a photo a day. So far so good.
  • I have changed how I see, heightening my visual observing, noticing more and delighting in what I see.
  • I have been writing daily; some days it comes easily, others not, but I enjoy it more.
  • I have seen many wonderful photographs, read interesting reflections and have learned from what others are doing.
  • I am slowly coming to know people in this circle and feeling like I have new friends.
  • Sometimes I have looked at things closely, sometimes pulled back to get a wider picture.
Vacation time is starting - time to slow down, to reflect, to recharge, to venture out and see new things. I plan to photograph and write daily. Posting may come in spurts when my travels take me out of wifi range. I look forward to the next half year, to explore ideas and find ways to interact more with those who stop here for a visit and whose words have encouraged me to keep going.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Susan! Half way already. Keep it up - many times your picture and words spark new ideas for me. It's interesting to see the world through others' eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all taking different approaches to the project. I'm not writing my stories in the beautiful detail that you are. Sometimes my photos speak for themselves and words would only be redundant; other times they seem mute, not conveying any meaningful message at all. I find myself looking forward as much to your stories as your photos. Keep up the effort. This stop is a treasured moment in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I've so enjoyed reading your photo blog. You make an interesting evaluation of this challenge. How long is your vacation? I have two weeks between terms, and I'm staying at the beach for a couple of days. Winter by the sea is beautiful. We've got a view of the sea from our cabin and I'll post it as soon as I get home and have internet access on my own laptop. Thanks for your eloquent posts.

    ReplyDelete