Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 153: The Little People


Day 153: The Little People, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I was walking down the street when I came across this tiny garden populated by tiny people and gnomes. You may have to look at a larger version of the photograph on Flickr to see them well.

It fascinates me what people put in their gardens. I inherited a couple of oriental ornaments from the previous owner (a stone temple, a stone block with a sundial - there used to be a fisherman on it whose fishing rod cast a shadow). There was a ceramic frog which my neighbour's young son smashed. His mother, feeling somewhat abashed by his behaviour appeared with a ceramic chicken. I have never felt compelled to populate my garden with things - the flowers take up my attention and admiration. But these little folk caught my eye and I guess that is what the gardener wanted - a bit of whimsy on an otherwise busy street.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. There are so many! It's very cool the owner can leave them there and passers-by respect them and leave them in place.

    ReplyDelete