Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 94: Rocking On


Day 94: Rocking On, originally uploaded by susanvg.

This old chair has been around for a long time. The pillow covers some of its nicks and dents. I wonder where it started life. I only know its more recent history. Many years ago my spouse bought it from a friend, who wanted to finance a trip to France. He had collected many antiques and decided that travel was more of a priority. For the last 30 some years the chair has moved several times with my spouse and more recently has come into my life. I'm not sure it could still bear weight; rather it sits as a reminder of times long ago. With age, it has its creaks and marks, as do we all. But it has lasted many years; I am not sure our manufactured, "put it together yourself" furniture will see the years pass as long as this chair has.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes - old things. Some have character and some are characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it warms a special place in your heart, too! :)

    ReplyDelete