Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 93: April Showers


Day 93: April Showers, originally uploaded by susanvg.

April rain started to let up as I drove along this country road. The ground is still not able to soak in the water. Signs of spring are everywhere. As I drove to Casselman last night, I saw many vees of geese flying over. I love to hear their honking as they pass over. It's funny how I never tire of the seasonal harbingers; a robin preening on the fence this morning, the sound of geese, the first signs of growth poking from the ground.

November rain can be depressing - relentless and grey, but April rain brings promise of renewal.

1 comment:

  1. There's definitely something more promising with the springtime showers - and it sort of forces (at least temporarily) the 'half-full' look at the world! Soon the farmland will reflect the green growth of crops - isn't it fun to anticipate the new season?!

    ReplyDelete