Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 90: The Spice of Life


Day 90: The Spice of Life, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I have had this "lazy Susan" for my spices for many years; it wobbles a bit, but I love to be able to turn it and see all my jars and containers. Cooking is more fun when you add a bit of this and a bit of that. However, it gets hard to replicate the flavours when you don't measure and remember just what you used.

The spices come from so many places; the flavours speak of exotic lands. It's fun to bring the aromas of the world to the dinner table.

4 comments:

  1. SO organized! My spices are on those tiered plastic shelves and I'm forever mixing the cooking spices with the baking spices. Maybe I should take a page from your organization book?? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly is variety there. I cook in much the same way. It may make dishes harder to recreate but they are more memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. And who is that in the corner shadow? Another spice lover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same lazy susan - bought in the early 90's, I think. Apparently it's going to last forever! I also use mine for spices.

    ReplyDelete