Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 88: Play the Recorder Day


Day 88: Play the Recorder Day, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I belong to the Montreal Recorder Society and play in a recorder orchestra, Flutissimo. Today we had our annual Play the Recorder Day (La Fête des flûtes). Some of my recorders are on the stand on the left. The very tall recorder, a contrabass, belongs to a friend of mine. The day included performances by all the groups in our society as well as workshops for beginners and a sight-reading session for all at the end.

Music is one of my passions - especially early music 18th century and earlier). I'm fortunate to live in a city where this flourishes, with many professional groups, two universities with early music programmes and many amateur players.

Whenever I can, I play music and to go to concerts and with the plethora of ensembles in Montreal, I often have to make choices. What a delightful dilemma to have.

1 comment:

  1. As always a great story to go with a fantastic picture. So you're a woman of many talents.

    ReplyDelete