Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 83: Fifty Fingers - Hands Together

Being part of the 2009/365 Flickr group has been interesting in terms of growing relationships and community. Here are 50 fingers - on 10 hands to represent the connections happening around the world because of the many social tools that live on the web. These hands belong to some of my physical colleagues - they have been a huge part of my learning and support. However, my online relationships have become a large part of my life.

While we learn from each other, we also support each other in personal ways. So these 50 fingers also represent a reaching out to the people who have been part of my photography community and particularly are in response to Tim - who has left many positive comments for me. Today is his brother's 50th birthday; this photograph is also my birthday wish to his brother, Eric. I have never met either of them, but they are now a part of my life.

6 comments:

  1. Nice picture, lovely sentiment. Interesting how a virtual community starts to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I've certainly enjoyed connecting with you through your photographs and your words! I wonder if my stickered car photo has 50 stickers on it for a similar birthday wish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm touched - thank you very much. I agree with M, well said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too - I like your words as much as I like your photos! And I like the ring of community in your photo. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cool seeing everyones idea on this!!! Nice shot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun shot! I love the message behind the image. Well done!

    ReplyDelete