Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 61: Casting Shadows


Day 61: Casting Shadows, originally uploaded by susanvg.

As the eyes are opened you start to see - to notice colours, patterns, textures around you that you overlooked before. At the end of a day of shuffling papers, filing and digging out from my chaotic mountains of mail, I started to look around for a subject to photograph. I noticed this pattern on the ceiling, cast by the lamp that hangs in my hall. We usually look at what the light is shining down on - here we are reversed. How often do we overlook ideas seeing only the obvious? Time to look with the mind as well as the eyes to see what is behind the scenes.


1 comment:

  1. I think we see only the obvious a lot of the time. You remind me to look beyond (and above). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete