Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 36: Each Scarf a Memory


Day 36: Each Scarf a Memory, originally uploaded by susanvg.


Today I needed some colour - so here are the scarves in my drawer. Each has a story - a memory of its past. They come from people, some now gone, represent places where they were bought and some were owned by others before. When I put on a scarf I am adding not only the colour of the fabric to my outfit, but all the memories and connections woven into it.

Today I lost a dear friend. My story is woven with the many memories of music played together, concerts shared and many lively conversations. She added much colour to the fabric of my life.

2 comments:

  1. What a wide range of colours and textures. A gorgeous collection and a beautiful way of remembering people and events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your writing. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete