Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 55: Westmount Library


Day 55: Westmount Library, originally uploaded by susanvg.


I'm giving a workshop tomorrow on Language Arts, so what better photo to represent this than a library. This one, Westmount Public Library, was built in 1898. It has undergone several renovations since that time. I am an avid reader, though I am not good at frequenting libraries. I like to buy books, and have many in my house. A neighbour, when I first moved in, looked through the window and saw all the book shelves in the family room. A child at the time, he thought it was going to be a library.

I dread the time when I move and have to part with many volumes. How can I part with the stories that have sustained me. I do "weed" the shelves from time to time and take solace in the fact that those stories will bring to others the gamut of emotions that have swept through me as I have turned page after page.

No comments:

Post a Comment