Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 54: Travelling past Farms


Day 54: Travelling Past Farms, originally uploaded by susanvg.

ViaRail - Canada's national railway. I travelled from Kingston Ontario, home to Montreal. I like rail travel - it goes at a pace that gets you there in a relaxing fashion. We passed through snow covered farms. I tried taking a few photos out the window - and this was one. I loved the red barn. When my children were young I used to keep them occupied while I drove with a variety of games. One was to spot certain objects. A red barn was frequently on the list when we drove through the countryside. When I saw this I felt like I had scored!

Sometimes rail travel is a little too slow - our train was 40 minutes late getting to our destination - the joys of winter travel.

Here comes the train

1 comment:

  1. Sure beats driving! We love taking the train when we have time! :)

    ReplyDelete