Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 9: Horses


Day 9: Horses, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I'm a city girl, but because of my relationship, I spend time in a small town in rural Ontario. It was a cold crisp day - one of those beautiful days after a snowfall when the snow is perfectly white and the sun shines, showing every nuance of the windswept snow. I took a drive from Casselman to the next town, Embrun to get some groceries. My newly focused eyes, always on the lookout for something to capture saw these horses. Even they needed winter coats. But the sun was bright. I stopped by the road and took this from my car window - focus isn't great, but for a city girl, it's a novelty to see horses. Sometimes the picture is not about the great shot, but about the story behind it.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree with your last statement - in fact, that is probably an understatement!! I also appreciate your reference to "newly focused eyes" - it's fascinating to think that we've missed so much!

    ReplyDelete