Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 31: Taking the sun


Day 31: Taking the sun, originally uploaded by susanvg.

My cats are heat seekers - both Cornish Rex (not wrecks) - their fur is not very thick and they follow the sun around the house. I visited a blog this morning and saw two cats trying to stay cool by sprawling on the floor. I think my two would have been in heaven. Nothing seems to be too hot for them. They lean against my hot radiators, snuggle under a comforter, perch on my computer - wherever there is warmth - there they are.

Cats know what they need - they listen to themselves. And they make their needs known. We, people, have distanced ourselves from understanding our needs - especially with the frenetic lives many of us lead. I think I should start observing my cats more and learn when to eat, when to take the sun, when to stretch and when to curl up and enjoy a good nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment