Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 30: Feeling Blue


Day 30: Feeling Blue, originally uploaded by susanvg.

My eyes are now trained for looking and the result is sometimes frustrating. I was driving through the city today with my son - doing messages and passed so many photo ops, but could not stop. So, once home, I looked around for something that reflected my mood - a little bit blue.

However, in looking at the photo I saw an inner glow and peacefulness. The bowl is one I love - the crackled glass reaching up to the smooth rim. Taking time to look also gives time to reflect. The blues don't have to be down. Blue winds through many moods from the exhilarating brightness of a February sky to the serenity of a still lake. Taking time is what this project is all about - time to look, time to stop and time to think. Feeling blue is not bad at all.

2 comments:

  1. So many positives within "blue". Some interesting ideas as well. Taking one's time can create something quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shade of blue. And I know what you mean about having to pass up opportunities -- it sometimes drives me crazy to drive around, see photo ops, and have the ability to do absolutely nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete