Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11: Goat Cheese


Goat Cheese, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Before I met Paul I had no idea there were so many kinds of goat cheese. Now I peruse the cheese store at the market to see what I can surprise him with. Here is a sampling - cheese with white truffles, raw milk cheese with an ash covering and a goat camembert.

Not only can anything be the source for a picture but anything can be the source for curiosity. I am always full of questions. And today's photo sent me to the Internet to learn more about white truffles. They are found only in Italy and the Istrian peninsula of Croatia where we were fortunate enough to spend some holiday time last May. I love the connections, from our travels to our table - a taste to bring back the memories of other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment