Monday, January 12, 2009

And an extra: Patch


And an extra: Patch, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Cats have such a sense of entitlement. As I worked at my colleague's house, Patch joined us at the table (and sometimes on it). A dog knows its place. A cat would like us to know ours.

I have two at home and often think about what I can learn from them. Independent yet dependent, they know how to get their needs met. My cats know how to relax and stretch and often know which stranger has a kind heart. Once they trust someone, they open up to them and are not afraid to expose their underside. They are never afraid to look silly and always know where to find a comfortable place. There is no pretense - a cat is who it is.

I started my participation a couple of days late - so this makes up for January 2.

1 comment:

  1. I love your observation "A dog knows its place. A cat would like us to know ours." So true. I admire your effort in blogging the 365 project - so often the stories go beyond the pictures.

    ReplyDelete